Growing Life Connections – Program Coordinator
.6 FTE SCHADS Award Level 6
An exciting opportunity exists for a Coordinator to manage the Growing Life Connections program which provides local people with wrap around personal support services to enable access to and connection with existing social, health, financial or cultural services.
The Growing Life Connections Coordinator will be based at Milang Old School House Community Centre but will work across the Strathalbyn and Districts Region and with eight community organisations which form the Partnership Group:
- Be responsible for the smooth operation and compliance of the program, while maintaining a high quality of care for clients
- Work within a community development framework to build individual and family capacity, providing professional support using partnership, strengths-based and person-centred approaches.
- Provide support in group settings and one on one, specifically targeting vulnerable families and those with more complex needs.
- Provide training to volunteers from the supporting community organisations
- Hold tertiary qualifications in Social Welfare, Counselling, Mental Health or allied areas (Diploma as minimum requirement).
- Have the ability to use initiative, think laterally and strategically, to meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure.
- Have an understanding of the existing service provision in Strathalbyn and Districts
A full position description is available here: GLC Position Description (doc)
Enquiries can be directed to: Karyn Bradford, Executive Officer. 85370687
Applications comprising of a covering letter, current CV and statement addressing the selection criteria outlined in the position description, should be forwarded to the Executive Officer:
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
Milang & District Community Association Inc.,
24 Daranda Tce
Milang SA 5256
To arrive no later than Monday 4th July, 2016 at 5pm.