MILANG & DISTRICT COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC.
COMMUNITY CARE OFFICER
Social, Community, Housing and Disability Services Award
Home Care Employee Level 4
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional person to join our team at the Milang Old School House Community Centre
What is on offer
The Community Care Officer will assist with the implementation and ongoing support to elderly people living at home. It is all about the client, and you will work closely with our Administration Team and Support Workers, and Volunteers to ensure we are meeting their needs.
- Part-Time 22.5 hours over 3 days
- Develop client support plans and associated budgets that enhance the customer’s independence and ability to remain living at home.
- Ensure client case management occurs in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate with customer stakeholders including, but not limited to, family members and appropriate health professionals
- You will need to have the ability to work as part of a team, and have good communication skills with a range of stakeholders, along with great time management skills.
- A tertiary qualification in Community, Health or Ageing Services (Cert IV or higher)
- Understanding of the Aged Care Act 1997, Aged Care Quality Standards
- Experience with My Aged Care and working with older people.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Package Clients
- Competent in the accurate use of standard software systems and client databases
- Customer Service and Case Management skills with experience in Client Assessments, care plan development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Ensure client information is accurately maintained, and confidentiality is mandatory
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold a current national police check and aged care screening or be willing to obtain one.
Download the position description here:
Enquiries can be directed to, Stuart Jones, Manager.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 08 85370687
Applications comprising of a covering letter, current CV and statement
addressing the selection criteria should be forwarded to the
or by post to
Milang & District Community Association Inc.,
24-25 Daranda Tce Milang SA 5256 to arrive by COB Monday 17th August 2020